For lunch today my good Sir asked me to make an omelette and I decided to be a little more attentive than usual. Normally, I just make him his ham & cheese omelette but today I decided to go for that something extra!
As a sensualist, cooking is just something else that I enjoy. I love it when I create such a flavour that I leave people silenced. For this crowd-pleasing omelette you will need:
- 3 large, free-range eggs
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch table salt (not rock salt)
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh milk
- 1 slice deli ham, diced
- 2 medium slices mature cheddar cheese
You will also need
- A non-stick frying pan
- A jug
- A whisk
- A small bowl (for the fried onions)
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onions until translucent, then set aside in a small bowl. Do not wipe out the pan as you can use leftover oil for cooking the omelette later.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and parsley together until uniform and foamy.
- Heat the frying over a medium-low frame, whisk the egg mixture again briefly and pour into the pan.
- Sprinkle in the ham and fried onions and crumble over the cheese.
- Once the omelette is beginning to set and come away from the edges, flip it onto itself and finish cooking.
I’ve been asked to add mushrooms next time, so I will let you know how that goes!
What do you like in your omelettes? Let me know in the comments!