Good evening lovelies,
I decided to share this mouth-watering recipe with you which I absolutely love. I tweaked a basic lemon cheesecake a few times and came up with this wonderful result!
I make these desserts in individual jars for a bit of a quirky flare, but if you want to make one large cheesecake for sharing, then a greased 10-inch cake pan works fine too!
For this recipe, you will need:
- 12 digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 500g quark fat-free cheese
- 600ml double (heavy) cream
- 200g sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 400g jar lemon curd
- 5cl (50ml) Limoncello
- Candied lemon zest (optional)
You will also need:
- 8 clean, empty jars
- A small saucepan
- A silicon spatula
- A large mixing bowl
- 2 small bowls
- A whisk
- A sieve
- A rolling pin
- A ziplock bag
- A piping bag
- A couple of tablespoons (3, unless you want to wash up between steps!)
- A metal skewer, or toothpick
- Begin by crushing the digestives in a ziplock bag, using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, remove from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs with a silicon spatula.
- Using a spoon, divide the crumb mixture evenly between the jars and press down slightly, using the back of the spoon. Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set while you complete the next steps.
- In a large bowl. whisk the cream until stiff. Fold in the quark cheese and sugar and whisk again.
- Slowly whisk in the lemon juice and load into a piping bag, using a tablespoon. You may need to fill the bag 2-3 times to fill all of the jars.
- Remove the jars from the refrigerator and use the piping bags to carefully fill the jars. The bag allows you to pipe the cream cheese mixture to the bottom of the jar, resulting in tidier desserts.
- Shake the jars gently to level out the cream cheese mixture and place back in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, stir the lemon curd and lemoncello together. Mix well until smooth.
- Pass the lemoncello mixture through a sieve and into a clean bowl, stir the mixture in the sieve gently, pushing the mixture through.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the refrigerator and spoon the lemoncello mixture carefully onto the cheesecakes, tapping the jar gently to spread it.
- Using a metal skewer, gentle swirl or feather the surface of the cream cheese mixture and lemoncello mixture together. Decorate with a few piece of candied lemon zest.
You can vary the basic cheesecake mixture for almost any flavour. Irish cream and mint chocolate chip were also favourites! What’s your favourite cheesecake flavour?
Enjoy your Thursday, lovelies!
Hugs & kinky cuddles,